// Exclusive interview with GOLDFISH //
If you've not heard of this extremely talented duo who currently hold a residency at Pacha Ibiza, you have to have a gander at our previous post on them. We caught up with Goldfish for a cheeky interview prior to their show in London at The Coronet Theatre Friday 29th October to talk about studio gear, superpowers and a nice bit of grub. 1. Which party have you enjoyed performing at the most this year? We just played two sold out shows at Amsterdam Dance Event...think it was the highlight of our career! 2. The earth is about to explode . . . you have time to retrieve 3 favourite musical recordings and make a sandwich to take into your emergency evacuation vessel, what recordings would they be and what filling would you have in your sandwich? Breathe by Telepopmusik, Live at the village Vanguard by Joshua Redman, and K&D Sessions by Kruder and Dorfmeister. Sandwich? Anything my dad makes. His sandwiches always seem to taste better than any I ever made, even with the same ingredients....but if I had to choose it would be avo, salmon and Kiri cream cheese with fresh cracked black pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Yum.
3. If we could take care of all your commitments one weekend and you had unlimited funds, where on the planet would you go and what would you get up to? I'd go somewhere remote in the Maldives and go surfing with my girlfriend.
4. If you could collaborate with anybody in the world right now who would be in your top three? Feist, Trentemoller and Miles Davis.
5. What two critical pieces of advice would you pass on to like minded aspiring artists/DJ’s?1 ) Remember why you are doing this - because you really love the music. Anything after that is a bonus. 2) Don't be an idiot and get into drugs. They will rot your talent and take you nowhere good.
6. If you could choose a superpower what would it be? Instant Djembe vapouriser. There is nothing worse than a Djembe drum in the wrong hands!
7. Which producers/artists/labels should we be keeping an ear out for in the near future? There are so many great up and coming producers out there...Kyle Watson won our Remix Comp a while back and he's a great talent. Also the Australian duo the HEDS are mental...
8. What is your guilty pleasure? A little Roxette never hurt anyone!
9. What item/s of studio gear could you not live without? Ableton Live 8.
10. What can we expect from Goldfish from now and into 2011? We have just launched our new Album Get Busy Living so we will be touring that around the world for the next year or so…Next Summer we’ll be back in Ibiza, but right now we’re looking forward to our show in London at the Coronet Theatre on Saturday. From there I’m just looking forward to sleeping in my own bed for a change!
For tickets to the show on Friday go to >>> www.coronettheatre.co.uk/
To check out more info on their latest album "Get Busy Living" go to >>> www.goldfishlive.com