// Jazzy Eyewear "No Limit To Love" Release & Exclusive Fabian Giannattasio Interview //
Fabian Giannattasio is Jazzy Eyewear. He is originally from Argentina and moved to Chicago in 1990. Over the last decade he has quickly become one of the most notorious up and coming producers. His unique house sets earned him a reputation as one of the fastest rising DJ's amongst the US house scene. His self-imposed deep, driving house sound has been shaking up dance floors all over the world. We caught up with Mr Giannattasio for a cheeky interview prior to the Release of "No Limit To Love" on So Sound Recordings. Check it out with sound clips here >>>
2. The earth is about to explode, you have time to retrieve 3 pieces of prized vinyl to take into your emergency evacuation vessel, what records would they be? I would take Toomy Disco "Age of the Jaguar", Michael Jackson "Off the Wall" & Daft Punk "Discovery". I would spice it up with Jazzy Eyewear "The Renaissance" & Christian Malloni's 'Agua Ardiente".
3. If we could take care of all your commitments this weekend and you had unlimited funds, where on the planet would you go and what would you get up to? I would combine some exotic places, sunny islands with hot girls, music, good foods and beautiful nature but in between I would be doing my urban thing going and playing in some cool cities like London, Buenos Aires, New York, Barcelona, also co-producing with different artists and producers from around the world.
4. Who/what is your favourite DJ/producer/label at the moment and why? Breakbot, Dada Life, Tensnake, Les Loups, Toomy Disco, Michael Jackson, Deadmau5, Black Eyed Peas, Green Velvet, Jamie Jones, Skrillex, Daft Punk, Benny Bianco, David Guetta, Tiga, Felix Da Housecat, PaulJohnson, Zedd, Funkyloco, Savage Skulls, Black Van & Jazzy Eyewear. I like producers that can bring something new and fresh to the plate, avant garde. I respect people who produce commercial music in a tasteful way and can still add to it an underground feel. I like music that move feelings inside, what ever those feelings can be. I like labels and producers with personality, the ones that create their own way.
5. What two critical pieces of advice would you pass on to like minded aspiring artists/DJ's/label owners? Be aware that if you want to succeed you will need to put a lot of hard work and dedication, in addition you need to have some natural talent. Do everything at your very best and do it with passion and love.
6. If you could choose a superpower what would it be? To never get sick.
7. If you could collaborate with anybody past and present who would it be and why? I'd love to collaborate with Quincy Jones & Daft Punk for them to teach me all their productions and recording tricks and techniques ;)
8. What is your guilty pleasure? To like a lot of music I hear on the radio.
9. What can we expect from Jazzy Eyewear, Uma and So Sound in 2011?
We are releasing 2 EPs and a full album from new German act Les Loups they are amazing, like the new Daft Punk! We have a full downtempo album by our own Funkyloco as well as his new EP, I have an amazing single coming up as Jazzy Eyewear, called The Renaissance (to my opinion, the best track I've ever made) New music from superstar Toomy Disco, A mix compilation by Funkyloco called "Weekend of Love" and a new single from spanish deep duo, Red Box Lounge; and that will keep us busy for a while!
Check the sound snippets here >>>